Safety Tips for Buying a Classic Car Online
When the Internet was new, buying any kind of car online was pretty risky. You never knew for sure what you were purchasing, or how honest the seller was. The average auto insurance policy can cover you against many things, after all, but it offers no protection from scam artists.Today, even if we ultimately drive to someone's home, or visit a dealer's lot, much of our car buying is at least begun online, we use the internet to compare prices, check vehicle history and even research the sellers. This is true of new cars, and the purchase of classic cars as well, however, when you buy a classic car online, there are a few things you should do to ensure you're getting a great value, from a reputable seller.
· Research the Seller: This is especially important if you are buying from an individual, and not through an auction site where feedback scores are readily available. Fire up your favorite search engine and do a search on the seller's name. If they've mentioned an affiliation with an enthusiasts club, check to be sure they're a member in good standing.
· Ask Questions: Make a list of questions to ask the seller. Ask for detailed photos of the car and have the seller send or fax a copy of the title. If the seller is unwilling to provide the information you request, do not continue with the process this is not a vehicle you want to buy and a seller you do not want to deal with.
· Research the Car: Most classic cars have clubs that can provide you with information on what to look for in the particular car you are interested in. Research classic car values through clubs and websites like nadaguides.com.
· Inspect the Car: Never buy a car sight unseen. If you can’t view the car yourself, use a classic car inspection service. Inspection services generally cost between $150 and $300 and are well worth the money and trust in what you are buying.
· Use an Escrow Service: An escrow service – and almost all of the reputable online auction houses offer one – acts as a holding account for the money being exchanged. Instead of going directly to the seller, the money you pay for your new car will be held in escrow until you take delivery of the car. This is your insurance that the car you chose online is really coming to you, but it's also the seller's insurance that your money is good. If you're dealing with an individual, you can still do some kind of escrow, but you may have to pay for the service. Since classic cars do not come with warranties, this is an extremely important thing to consider: it may be the only way you can get your money back, if the car you receive is not what was promised.
If any of these points have caused some alarm, take a moment and relax. The vast majority of people selling their cars online, whether directly or through an auction service, are honest, reliable sellers. They know that one negative comment can destroy their own business, and are not likely to do anything to your money unfairly. Nevertheless, it is always wise to play it safe.
Welcome to Classic Car Hunters, where our goal is to help preserve the classic cars of the past for the future generations to come. The cars of the last forty years just do not the have same appeal as the Classic's, the Hot Rod's and the Muscle Car's. The car's of the past forty years have one destination (The Crusher). We at Classic Car Hunters have put together a website to help you with your restoration projects, all on one site. We have scoured the internet to find the top rated sites for your convenience. What ever your needs might be, such as a project, a restored vehicle, parts, or even financing for your classic car. You will find it here, all in one location. Our objective at Classic Car Hunters is to save you time and money on your projects. If you are looking for a particular vehicle, check our Car Locator Service. Also if you want someone else to do the restoration for you, we have done that work for you to. On our Restoration Link page we have some of best restorers in the country assembled. So no matter what your needs, we are here to help, so contact us.
This 1954 Chevy Bel-Air is one we just finished on 6/5/2017
Welcome to Classic Car Hunters a new look same great service
Classic Car Hunters Celebrating 21 Years of Service to Classic Car Collectors
Business Hours 9 to 4 M.- F.
Classic Car Hunters has hit a mile stone today 3/9/2019. We have helped our friends of C.C.H. find the 5000th vehicle of our 20 year history.
It's FREE check it out
Classic Car Hunters
Classic Car Hunters has partnered with this young lady and we are asking for your support. Kendra has had a rough medical life. Since she was 5 she has had type 1 diabetes, and now she is on the list for a kidney and pancreas transplant. Ever since she was old enough to work she has supported herself and never ask for help. Now at 30 she has started her own business. My wife uses this soap and loves it. So if you are looking for a gift that's a little different for your lady, then give this a try. Once she uses it she will want more. So give it a try and show support. She does have shipping.
Our many thanks for support from
Classic Car hunters